Here’s how it works:
How to enter? Post a video to your Instagram page and tag us @projectlyme.
What to submit? Produce a short video (15-30 seconds) that fits the perspective of an Instagram Reel. The video should tell the story of how Lyme impacts your daily life.
How are winners chosen? Voting will take place on Novemeber and will occur via a poll on Project Lyme’s Instagram stories. The four videos that received the most votes will win a prize. Winners will receive Amazon Gift cards, with first-place getting $500, second-place $250, third-place $100, and fourth-place $50. Winners will be notified by a direct message.
RIGHTS IN SUBMISSIONS: In consideration of the entrant’s video being reviewed, each entrant hereby grants Project Lyme a universal and exclusive license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, delete or display such Video, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to all forms of television and all forms of Internet and wireless protocol. If the entrant tags other entities then the video submission will become disqualified from the Project Lyme Video Challenge.
Full Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who tag and follow Project Lyme on Instagram and who are 16 years or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Project Lyme as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted starting on October 1st and ending on October 31st at 11:59 EST.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using Instagram and tagging @projectlyme. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Project Lyme. You may enter only once.
5. Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Campaign (the “Winner”) will receive:
- 1st place – $500 Amazon gift card
- 2nd place – $250 Amazon gift card
- 3rd place – $100 Amazon gift card
- 4th place – $50 Amazon gift card.
Actual/appraised value may differ at the time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Project Lyme. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Project Lyme to use the Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The winner will be selected by an upvote vote via Instagram stories under the supervision of Project Lyme. Winner will be notified by direct message to the entering account within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Project Lyme shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT PROJECT LYME‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Project Lyme, anyone acting on behalf of Project Lyme, and Project Lyme’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Project Lyme If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute an infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Project Lyme from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs, or expense, which Project Lyme may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: Project Lyme reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Project Lymes control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, Project Lyme may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Project Lyme. Project Lyme reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Project Lyme has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Project Lyme reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Project Lyme and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CAMPAIGN IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND New York, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in New York having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Project Lyme, 229 E 85th St. #38, New York, NY, 10028
15. By submitting a video, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.